Watch 'Nursing Now' With Nurse Alice
Nurse News Now, hosted by Nurse Alice Benjamin, APRN, MSN, ACNS-BC, FNP-C, is a weekly live stream to update nurses on the most trending news headlines and allow frontline healthcare staff to stay informed, discuss, explain and clarify stories surrounding COVID-19 and vaccines.
Jump to an Episode
- Ep. 1 The New COVID Vaccine Has Been Approved for Emergency Use
- Ep. 2 Interview with a Nurse Who Received The COVID Vaccine First
- Ep. 3 Travel Nurses Are Making $10K Per Week, Nurses Rank Most Trusted Profession
- Ep. 4 This is What It's Like To Be A New Nurse During a Pandemic
- Ep. 5 What President Biden's "American Rescue Plan" Means For Nurses
Jump to an Interview
- Dr. Fauci Calls Nurses, "Heroes of The Pandemic"
- Tabe Mase: Nurse Who Vaccinated President-Elect Joe Biden Says, "It Was an Honor!"
- ANA President, Dr. Ernest Grant, Encourages Nurses To Get Into Politics and Advocacy
Nurse Alice discusses the newly approved Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine, explains mRNA vaccines, and takes live questions from the audience of nurses and nursing students.
Read the full summary of this episode here. Nurse Alice discusses this week's headlines,
- A nurse fainted after receiving the COVID vaccine - what we know
- A nurse administers a vaccine on camera but the syringe was empty
- Allergic reactions and the vaccine
- Moderna vs. Pfizer - what's the difference
- Nurse Alice interviews Nurse Practitioner, Dr. James Simmons, who was amongst one of the first medical professionals to receive the COVID vaccine. Simmons discusses the process, his reasoning for receiving the vaccine, his symptoms, and how he is feeling 1 week later.
Nurse Alice sat down with Dr. Anthony Fauci, on December 29 in an exclusive interview on Nurse.org’s Nurse News Now to address some of the most urgent questions currently being asked by the nursing community.
Travel nursing assignments are being incentivized with $10k per week. One nurse was able to pay $67k off in debt by taking these assignments. But is it worth it? What happens if you get COVID? And how does one prepare above and beyond a travel assignment to take on a pandemic assignment? In this episode travel nurses, nurse practitioner @thenursejulia, and critical care nurse @paramurse join the conversation to share their experience and recommendations for those considering those opportunities.
Ep. 4: This is What New Grad Nurse Orientation Is Like, In a Pandemic, Nurses Get Matching COVID Tattoos.
- ICU nurses at a particular hospital get matching COVID-19 tattoos in solidarity. What are other nurses doing to team build during these tough times?
- COVID Vaccine Rollout Updates - Whose getting it? Whose not? And what's the hold-up?
- How will chaos at the Capitol impact COVID-19?
- And special guest Clinical Nurse Educator, Tiffany Gibson, RN-BC, CPN, GDHL of @newnurseacademy joins us to talk with us about what new grad and new to specialty nursing orientation looks like amidst a world pandemic.
Director of Employee Health Services at Christiana Hospital in Delaware, Tabe Mase, FNP-C, MSN, MJ, CHC, COHN-S, sat down with Nurse Alice of Nurse.org on our digital live-stream, Nurse News Now, to share her experience of vaccinating Biden and her views on why nurses are so vital to leading and paving the way in the vaccination efforts against the novel coronavirus. Calling it a "nod to nurses."
In this episode of Nurse News Now, Nurse Alice sat down with ANA’s President, Ernest Grant, Ph.D., RN, FAAN to discuss his own journey into the nursing field and how the organization can support nurses on the frontlines in very real ways. He also discusses how important it is for nurses to make their voices heard by getting involved in local, state, and even national politics. Read the full article here.
The ANA is dedicated to causes that extend beyond just immediate health crises like the coronavirus pandemic; they also strive to bring awareness and solutions to solve widespread public health problems, such as racial inequalities in healthcare. The ANA also works directly with Congress and regulatory agencies.
President Biden released his American Rescue Plan. In this episode, Nurse Alice discusses how it will affect nurses.
About Nurse News Now
Nurse News Now is a weekly live stream on Nurse.org’s social media platforms (Facebook and Instagram) featuring discussions led by our host, Nurse Alice, about trending topics that matter most to nurses. The live stream takes place every Tuesday at 6 pm PST/9 pm EST
All previous episodes are shared on the Nurse News Now webpage.
About Nurse Alice Benjamin
Alice Benjamin, APRN, MSN, ACNS-BC, FNP-C, also known as Nurse Alice, is a cardiac clinical nurse specialist and family nurse practitioner with over 23 years of healthcare experience. She is a community health activist and freelance media health expert with NBC.
*Contact [email protected] for inquiries