CPSP Clinic Nurse Practitioner
Beverly Hospital Montebello, CA
Position: Clinical Nurse Practitioner
Nursing Department: Women's Care Center
Schedule: Per Diem 8:30AM-4:30PM
Reports To: Administrative Director of Bus Devp/Marketing
CPSP Clinic Nurse Practitioner provides primary health care to women with an emphasis on reproductive health concerns. The nurse practitioner utilizes the process of assessment, diagnosis, management, coordination, collaboration, monitoring and evaluation under the direct supervision of the Medical Director.
- Obtains a comprehensive health history.
- Performs a complete physical assessment with emphasis on the reproductive system
- Orders, performs, and, interprets screening tests.
- Provides periodic health assessment appropriate for the client’s age and developmental status.
- Provides clinical management, including therapeutic procedures for women with gynecologic problems.
- Provides comprehensive family planning care.
- Provides prenatal and postpartum care, including attention to maternal, fetal health, and patient/infant relationships.
- Develops educational approaches and materials that are responsive to the learning needs and behavioral goals of the individual and the community.
- Provides education and counseling with an emphasis on the needs of the individual and the family.
- Consider the client’s situation, culture, and learning ability when designing and implementing teaching strategies.
- Utilizes principles of teaching/learning and group dynamics in the education of clients and community.
- Supports the client in developing and implementing a plan, which promotes positive behavioral change.
- Ensures informed consent by providing unbiased information regarding therapeutic indications and all reproductive choices.
- Current California Nurse Practitioner License or Nurse Midwife License with prescriptive authority required.
- Current CA Driver’s License
- 3 Years’ experience in OB and Women’s Health
- Specialty Board Certification
- EMR Experience
- Current BLS
About Beverly Hospital:
Beverly Hospital is an award-winning, nationally recognized non-profit hospital serving East LA and the surrounding communities. We provide the full range of inpatient and outpatient care. For more than 65 years Beverly Hospital has been a vital healthcare partner to the Montebello community and the surrounding areas. It began as the dream of 18 local doctors who wanted to have a hospital for general physicians where they could treat their patients close to their homes. Today this 224-bed acute care facility is a leading independent, non-profit community hospital, recognized nationally for providing quality care. The principles on which Beverly Hospital was founded in 1949 have not changed, and the spirit of dedication to the community that guided the founders is still very much alive.