You Might Be A Nurse If You Do These 10 Things
Nurses are awesomely unique people with huge hearts. Here are 10 signs that you are a nurse (and we thank you!)
1. You can read a Doctor's handwriting.
This takes serious skill because a few scribbles can make total sense to you.
2. You wash your hands before AND after using the bathroom.
Because who knows what germs are lurking on those hands - and forbid any of it touches your body!
3. You buy shoes totally based on comfort (even if they're ugly as all heck.)
Yea, there are a lot of cute shoes. But, after being on your feet for 12 hours straight a comfortable pair of Danskos is all you really want.
4. You NEVER wear your work shoes in the house.
Again, who knows what is lurking on those things. You might even spray them with disinfectant (or boil them.)
5. Nothing grosses you out anymore.
When it comes to bodily fluids, nothing grosses you out anymore - you have seen (smelled, felt and heard) it all.
6. Caffeine is the base of your food pyramid.
Coffee is life - end of story.
7. Weekends are non-existent.
Is it your weekend off or weekend on? Either way, you can't relate to the term "TGIF" or "Satur-yay."
8. You hear call bells - even in your sleep.
Will SOMEONE please turn that call bell off already? You can't escape it.
9. You talk about nursing - even when you're not at work (or school.)
Seriously, no filter. Oh, and you might catch yourself admiring a stranger's veins.
10. You've kicked into "nurse-mode" during the strangest times.
Like, this newbie nurse who saved a woman's life on an airplane!