Sandals Resorts is Giving FREE Vacations To Nurses In May 2019
By Chaunie Brusie
May is a big month.
Not only does it happen to be the month that I was born, but it also hosts National Nurses’ Day, Teachers’ Appreciation Week, Mother’s Day and Military Month. In honor of recognition, the famous Sandals Resort is offering the giveaway of all giveaways to the people celebrated in those special holidays:
A free 7-day/6-night luxury for two adults at any Sandals or Beaches Resort of their choice in a Love Nest Butler Suite.
Sound too good to be true? I know — but it’s not. The giveaway is real. It only takes a few seconds to enter for yourself or to nominate a nurse you love to win a much-needed vacay.
The giveaway is dubbed #Maycation and Sandals is promoting the trip as their way of recognizing some of the hardest working people around: nurses, mothers, teachers, and military members. The resort wants to recognize those who “rock” in their everyday lives and reward them with a vacation that “rocks” just as much.
Sandals is giving away a grand total of 31 luxury trips, one each day all throughout the month of May for 31 deserving mothers, nurses, teachers, and military members. Are you screaming with excitement yet? Visualizing yourself trading in those scrubs for a swimsuit? Well, just wait, because there’s more — according to the official giveaway page, Sandals vacations includes tantalizing amenities such as:
5-star on-site dining
- Unlimited premium spirits
- Up to 11 bars per resort
- Day and night entertainment
- Exclusive butler service (at some resorts)
- Club Sandals concierge service (at some resorts)
- PADI® certified scuba diving
- Unlimited water sports
- Unlimited land sports
- State-of-the-art fitness centers
- Complimentary green fees for golf at some resorts
The actual Sandals resorts are located in tropical destinations such as Saint Lucia, the Bahamas, Jamaica, Antigua, and Barbados. Can you just smell the Pinacoladas yet?
If you’re wondering what the specifics are, don’t worry—we’ve got you covered. I read the fine print for you and here are the main things you need to know:
- You can nominate yourself, but, if you do, you can only submit one entry for yourself.
- The contest is only open to U.S. residents ages 18 and up.
- You have to actually know the person you’re nominating and have their permission to nominate them.
- Airfare is NOT included in the prizes, so if you’re lucky enough to win, you still have to get yourself there.
- You have 3 days to claim your prize after you’ve been notified, so um, check your spam folders, folks.
- It should go without saying, but everything you type on the entry has to be true and about a real person.
- Anything you submit about you and the person you take on the trip with you (who also has to be 18 or older) could be used by Sandals for publicity and promotional purposes.
How To Enter Sandals’ Contest
You have the rest of April and up through May 30 to enter yourself or a nominee of your choosing and the actual submission is incredibly easy and takes only a few seconds. You can upload a picture of the person you’re nominating (or yourself), type in the contact information and include a super-short 250-character summary of why the person you are nominating deserves the Sandals #Maycation.
Word to the wise: 250 characters are really, really short, so don’t stress too much about crafting the perfect summary, since you don’t have a lot of space. Also, the rules explain that the winners are chosen randomly, so it doesn’t really matter what you write, as long as you include the basics. You can enter the official Sandals Resorts #Maycation giveaway here for a deserving nurse in your life, yourself included.
May the odds be always in your favor (or mine, because I totally just entered too.) And keep in mind that no matter what, nurses always rock. But I mean, winning a free beach trip would make being a nurse rock even more.