Nurse Practitioner Supervisor, Opioid Treatment Program (OTP)
City of Alexandria Alexandria, VA
The Alexandria Opioid Treatment Program (OTP) is hiring for the position of Nurse Practitioner Supervisor. This critical role provides direct clinical care to clients receiving Medication Assisted Treatment services and serves as a clinical leader on our multidisciplinary team of medical and behavioral health therapy professionals. Our nationally recognized program has been repeatedly highlighted by State and Federal agencies as a Center of Excellence; we are recruiting for a Nurse Practitioner who brings this same level of excellence and passion to our program. Candidates must have or be able to obtain and maintain a waiver to prescribe Buprenorphine.
Examples of Duties:
- Ensures that nursing services and program operations comply with State and Federal regulations through supervision and evaluation of program nurses
- Ensures nursing/medication administration coverage during clinic operation hours
- Ensures nursing documentation is timely, accurate, and meets documentation standards
- Assesses clients upon admission to obtain medical, mental health, and substance use history
- Orders, interprets, and evaluates tests to identify and assess client’s clinical problems and health needs (e.g., TB, HIV, Hepatitis, etc.) at admission
- Monitors medical status of clients that are pregnant, have HIV infection, and/or are medically fragile
- Monitors drug screen and breathalyzer test results coordinating with the treatment team
- Provides nursing/medical recommendations for the patient’s plan of care with the treatment team
- Triages clients to be seen by the Medical Supervisor and/or refers them to the hospital or provides resources to appropriate and available medical services tracking outcomes and providing follow-up as needed
- Monitors clients on psychotropic or other medications for side effects
- Performs other duties as assigned
Who we are:
As a member of the Division of Clinical and Emergency Services, you will work alongside professionals who are passionate about providing top-notch clinical services to adults with behavioral health and substance use disorders. We’re dedicated to helping our clients achieve their goals and dedicated to supporting and valuing our staff. We are a community of lifelong learners who collaborate, challenge, and support each other to advance our clinical knowledge and skills, and help our clients achieve the best outcomes.
What we offer you:
In addition to an awesome group of people to work with, the City of Alexandria offers great benefits!
As a full-time employee, of the City of Alexandria, the following are available to you:
- Health Insurance
- Tuition Assistance and Professional Development
- Employee Transportation Benefits Program
- Virginia Retirement System
- Paid Annual and Sick Leave/Sick Leave Bank
- Paid City Holidays
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Spring Health Mental Health Services
- Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
The Department of Community and Human Services (DCHS) is also a qualified employer for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) Program. Use the following link to access the PSLF website and learn about this program in detail: https://studentaid.gov/manage-loans/forgiveness-cancellation/public-service.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a FBI criminal records check, child abuse registry, and pre-employment drug screen.
Work hours will be determined upon offer of employment based on program needs. The program is open Monday through Saturday, 7:00AM - 3:30PM. As an Essential Employee, you along with your team will be expected to coordinate care for clients during times when the city may be closed (holidays, inclement weather, etc.).Apply now