Charleston Area Medical Center Reviews

[ - ]
  • 5
    11
  • 4
    30
  • 3
    29
  • 2
    6
  • 1
    5
81
3.4
81% Recommended
  • Filter by:

Gynecology

Rn

4
PROS:

Great place to work. Good teamwork. When you get a raise, it is normally a good one. Great incentives for patient satisfaction

CONS:

Low pay. Not able to do your own schedule. Limited summer vacations

Neurology ICU (Neuro ICU)

RN

2
PROS:

to satisfy 20 word requirement, you could call this a job. that's it. it's a job.now i'm just adding words to meet the 20 word requirement.

CONS:

culture, lack of management support, parking, security, no advancement.

Medical-Surgical (MS, Med-Surg)

Rn med surg telemetry

3
PROS:

Facility has bee rooms and floors added. Pay is average for area. Ratio is usually 5 five to one. Flexible scheduling.

CONS:

Too much favoritism. Overly managed and more concerned with awards than patient centered care. New system has almost made company bankrupt due to flaws.

Medical-Surgical (MS, Med-Surg)

Good first travel experience

4
PROS:

Pay was good, scheduling just what I needed. Training and trainers for extra help. Classes to learn new system being implemented.

CONS:

None

Postpartum (Perinatal)

RN/ Postpartum/ mother/baby

3
PROS:

85% of patients are wonderful. The other 15% are drug addicted mothers and babies

CONS:

Coworkers/managers can be unprofessional. Make sure you're there to do your job, do it well and get a paycheck. Don't have expectations nor trust anyone

Cardiovascular OR (CVOR)

Great place,staff are friendly and helpful as well as very knowledgeable.

4
PROS:

Staff, level of care received by staff. Communication between staff and management is excellent. Staff are knowledgeable and ameniable. Lots of educational opportunities as well.

CONS:

None

Geriatrics (Gerontology)

LPN

3
PROS:

Coworkers, pay benefits, close to home, insurance, Pto, sick time,traveling, variety of departments no mandations being staffed on floor 12 hour shift availability

CONS:

Ratio

Telemetry

Friendly unit staff

4
PROS:

Usually plenty of ancillary staff to help out, management on the unit works with your schedule as a traveler to accommodate as best they can.

CONS:

small, poor community

Intensive Care (Critical Care, CCU, ICU)

RN

3
PROS:

Co-workers, facility is OK.

CONS:

Pay, management can be dicey at times... Especially Candace Cowger on 3south at General. Terrible manager and sets very poor example as a leader. Also Valerie Starsick the coordinator is very difficult and has a horrible disposition.

Step-down

I was a nursing assistant

4
PROS:

Pay was good. The people were great to work with. The hospital was wonderful.

CONS:

Night shift is really the only con I have. In order to even get hired they usually require you to start at night shift which was extremely hard for me considering my children

Nursing Jobs Near Charleston Area Medical Center

[ - ]

Dialysis RN

trustaff | Charleston, WV

trustaff is currently seeking an experienced Dialysis Registered Nurse for a 13-week travel contract.Dialysis RNs provide care and support for p…

PICU RN

trustaff | Charleston, WV

trustaff is currently seeking an experienced PICU Registered Nurse for a 13-week travel contract. The Pediatric Intensive Care Unit Nurse (PICU …

Oncology RN

trustaff | Charleston, WV

trustaff is currently seeking an experienced Oncology Registered Nurse for a 13-week travel contract.The Oncology Registered Nurse will provide …

MS RN

trustaff | Charleston, WV

trustaff is currently seeking an experienced Medical /Surgical Registered Nurse for a 13-week travel contract.The Medical Surgical Registered Nu…

IV Therapy RN

trustaff | Charleston, WV

trustaff is currently seeking an experienced IV Therapy Registered Nurse for a 13-week travel contract.The Intravenous Therapy Nurse (IV Therapy…

Stepdown RN

trustaff | Charleston, WV

trustaff is currently seeking an experienced Stepdown Registered Nurse for a 13-week travel contract.The Stepdown Registered Nurse is responsibl…

Emergency RN

trustaff | Charleston, WV

trustaff is currently seeking an experienced Emergency Registered Nurse for a 13-week travel contract.The Emergency Room RN provides care for pa…

Telemetry RN

trustaff | Charleston, WV

trustaff is currently seeking an experienced Telemetry Registered Nurse for a 13-week travel contract.The Telemetry Nurse (RN) provides care and…

Pediatrics RN

trustaff | Charleston, WV

trustaff is currently seeking an experienced Pediatrics Registered Nurse for a 13-week travel contract.The Pediatric Registered Nurse (RN) is re…

MS/TELE RN

trustaff | Charleston, WV

trustaff is currently seeking an experienced MS/TELE Registered Nurse for a 13-week travel contract.The MS/Telemetry Nurse (RN) provides care an…