- Type: Acute Care Hospitals
- Ownership: Government - State
- Certifications: American Heart Association’s Get With The Guidelines - Stroke Gold Plus Performance Achievement Award, American Heart Association's Get with the Guidelines - Heart Failure Gold Plus Achievement Award, Magnet Award, The Gold Seal of Approval by The Joint Commission, Top Performer in Key Quality Measures by Joint Commission
- Services: Chaplaincy Services & Pastoral Education, Clinical Nutrition Services, Clinical Staff Office, Dietetic Internship, Faculty & Employee Assistance Program, Global Initiative for Healthcare Worker Safety, Government Relations, Health Information Services, Human Resources, International Healthcare Worker Safety Center , Life Support Learning Center, Malcolm W. Cole Child Care Center, Medical Emergency Communications Center, Medical Emergency Simulation Area, Medical Laboratories, Occupational Health, Patient & Guest Services, Pharmacy Services, Prehospital Education, Professional Nursing Staff Organization, Service of Remembrance, Supply Chain Management, Therapy Services, UVA Dialysis Program, UVA Imaging, Volunteer Services
- Trauma Level: Level I Trauma Center
- Teaching: Yes
- Filter by:
4/10/2017Pediatric ICU (PICU)
Wonderful PICU team, strong management
Great Coworkers, facility, pay. Staff is very supportive and engaged in unit.
Parking, rotating schedule. You have to park off campus and bus in, or walk, and the area around the hospital can be unsafe
4/1/2017Intensive Care (Critical Care, CCU, ICU)
Different every day... fast paced. Teamwork was a plus and vital to the everyday routine. Always learned something new on a daily basis
Pay and had to park in a parking area away from hospital and ride a bus to work causing us to be late for work. Also took longer to get home in the evenings
On the Oncology Unit an interim manager would not respond to unit issues
The physicians were easy to work with and contact and would come to see patients if you told them that you thought that it was necessary
Nurses not accepting of travelers
Beautiful area with lots of historical landmarks.
Virginia is very expensive area to live and find decent housing. Facility's lack of worker engagement; contant call ins, lack of team work, poor morale. Poorly managed staff ratios.
Education benefits, paid time off, flexible scheduling, happy environment, pleasant area to work in, lots of historical areas. Happy place in general
2/23/2017Medical-Surgical (MS, Med-Surg)
Great staff. Teaching hospital. Residents helpful.
Helpful and friendly staff, good pay. Ratio manageable, scheduling is flexible and they ask for your input. Work every 3rd weekend about.
Assisting in dermatology in MOHS SURGERY PHOTOTHERAPY, AND GENERAL DERM PROCEDURES. ALSO ASSISTING IN LASER TREATMENT. Assisting with shaves,punch and excision biopsies.
Pay, parking, staff
1/30/2017Neuroscience (Neurological, Neurology)
while working at this facility I enjoyed my coworkers, the patient population, the physician teams were top notch, and the flexibility I was offered.
in comparison to other cities and hospitals, the pay was average, especially with the ever-changing standard work you were expected to keep up with and practice.
1/4/2017Intensive Care (Critical Care, CCU, ICU)
work in the MICU for 2 years, great coworkers and the learning opportunities.
wonderful helpful coworkers, great scheduling, great manager who is always willing to help, great town with lots of events and food and housing
high turn over rate
The first and only hospital I have worked in.
I love the people I work with, the pay is decent and I have had great managers who I feel really care about me as a person.
trustaff | Charlottesville, VA
trustaff is currently seeking an experienced Emergency Registered Nurse for a 13-week travel contract.The Emergency Room RN provides care for pa…
trustaff | Charlottesville, VA
trustaff is currently seeking an experienced Telemetry Registered Nurse for a 13-week travel contract.The Telemetry Nurse (RN) provides care and…
Aya Healthcare | Charlottesville, VA
Aya Healthcare has an immediate opening for the following position: Dialysis, Registered Nurse in Charlottesville, Virginia. This is a 13 week c…
Cross Country Healthcare | Charlottesville, VA
The benefits of taking a travel nursing job with Cross Country Nurses include: Free Private Housing or Generous Housing Allowance Comprehensive …
Remede Group | Charlottesville, VA
Looking for a new adventure? Remede can help you find the right work opportunity to meet your heart`s desires. We work with hospitals to create …
Tailored Healthcare Staffing | Dyke, VA
Tailored Healthcare Staffing is seeking a qualified Home Health Travel RN for the following assignment: Estimated Start Date: ASAP Location: Nor…
Cariant Health Partners | Dyke, VA
Cariant Health Partners has opportunities for registered nurses to fill temporary travel RN needs at a variety of facilities across the country.…
Aequor Healthcare | Dyke, VA
Aequor Healthcare is a national staffing agency that strives to help you achieve your career goals. We partner with premier healthcare facilitie…
trustaff | Fishersville, VA
trustaff is currently seeking an experienced OR Registered Nurse for a 13-week travel contract.The Operating Room Nurse (OR RN) will be responsi…
Amare Medical Staffing | Fishersville, VA
Amare Medical Staffing is currently seeking Travel Registered Nurses (RNs), Certified Registered Nurse Practitioners (CRNPs), and Certified Regi…