Hospice Triage After Hours RN - Friday & Sat Nights
Pathways Los Angeles, CA
The Triage RN responds to patient calls remotely during the after hour shift of 6:00 PM to 8:00 AM. The clinician must have a calm, collected phone presence as well as an eloquent way of delivering patient education on the hospice process. The Triage RN will dispatch an on call case manager if required. This is also a paid orientation opportunity with technology provided.
**MUST HAVE PREVIOUS RN HOSPICE EXPERIENCE**
- Assess the needs of the patient during a phone conversation, and then plan, coordinate, implement and revise the Plan of Care.
- Promote patient and family choice, assuring continuity of care and enhancing the quality of life of dying patients.
- Work collaboratively with the interdisciplinary hospice group with the goals of anticipating changes in the patient's condition and avoiding crises.
- Minimum Associate's Degree in Nursing (ADN), Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) preferred
- Must have (1) year of Hospice RN experience
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- A current, unencumbered California RN License required
- $250/shift Weekday Nights
- $300/shift Weekend
- Paid Orientation