Pediatric Intensive Care - PICU Nurse - (PICU RN)
ONWARD HEALTHCARE El Paso, TX2 months, 2 weeks ago
$25.00 - $28.00
Job Description & Requirements
Pediatric Intensive Care - PICU Nurse - Travel (PICU RN)
- 327 bed Level 3 Trauma center
- Welcome to "Polly's Pediatric Place" - a unit devoted to the care of pediatric patients needing intensive care. This unit boasts specialists in pediatric oncology and cardiology and has a 24/7 transport team.
- Experience walking tours of Downtown to get a taste of our history that spans 400 years, shopping, outdoor concerts at the Chamizal National Memorial, and museums of every kind, the Zoo, and nature hikes through our four Texas State Parks. Only one hour away from Carlsbad Caverns in New Mexico.
- Meditech charting experience is a plus, but not required
The pediatric intensive care nurse (PICU RN) provides cares for children and adolescents, usually up to the age of 18, with life-threatening or high-acuity conditions that require constant monitoring. Working in the pediatric intensive care unit (PICU), a high-tech childrenâs services area for critically ill, medically complex, and/or post-surgical patients, the pediatric intensive care RN collaborates with families, physicians, and other healthcare officials to determine the best course of patient care and recovery.
- Current TX or Compact license - 2 years minimum RN experience - SS# - 50 mile Radius Rule - References needed for submission - CUE ANY T/O REQUESTS AT RFO, CLIENT WANTS THEM UPFRONT - All travelers to Parallon campuses may be asked to float to sister F within 25 miles. This is rare, but they need to be willing & able to do so if needed
Call for details.
About the Facility
Offering high quality care to residents of the Greater El Paso area, this 327-bed, Joint Commission accredited medical center offers comprehensive medical services and a wide range of specialties, including cardiology, women's services, oncology, and rehabilitation, among others. The facility frequently garnishes national accolades for service, including the Silver Performance Achievement Award from the American Heart Association and American Stroke Association for high standards in stroke care, CARF accreditation and a prestigious Pathway to Excellence designation.
From the dramatic views of the Franklin Mountains to the breathtaking scenery of the Rio Grande, there is a lot to take in when visiting El Paso. Bordering the Mexican town of Ciudad Juarez, it is possible for travelers to easily visit the two countries all in the same day. A dominant presence in the history of early Americana and a rich cultural heritage give El Paso a distinctive stance amongst the cities of the Southwest.
Onward Healthcare's travel nursing assignments typically last 13 weeks, and include:
- Competitive pay rates and comprehensive benefits
- Medical plans with dental and vision
- Complimentary, high-quality private housing
- 401(k) and flex spending options
- Life insurance
- Accident and short-term disability coverage
- Free continuing education (CE) courses
- Travel allowances
- Guaranteed pay program
- Tuition discount program
- Referral bonuses
About the Company
Onward Healthcare, an AMN Healthcare company, is a travel nursing company dedicated to moving our nurses careers "onward and upward." Our team of expert recruiters connect clinicians with exclusive travel nursing opportunities at the nationâs top hospitals and healthcare facilities. Onward's nursing assignments are part of a larger, comprehensive RN career development and consultation service. Onward/AMN Healthcare is an EEO/AA/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer.