RN - Team Manager
VITAS Chicago, IL
Why VITAS Healthcare and What Do They Offer Me?
VITAS Healthcare is the nation’s leading provider of end of life care. We provide our employees opportunities for professional growth, advancement and competitive benefits.
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Pre-tax healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance
- 401(k) plan with numerous investment options and generous company match
- Cancer and/or critical illness benefit
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Insurance
- Affinity Program
The RN - Supervisor of Clinical Services is the leader of the Patient Care whose function is to supervise, evaluate and coordinate the various component members of the interdisciplinary team.
- Assures continuity of care for patients/families from admission to discharge or transfer to bereavement.
- Serves as a patient advocate and coordinator for other social services and health-care providers in the community who are involved in the care of the team’s patients.
- Assumes responsibility for the maintenance of patient records from intake through discharge or transfer to bereavement.
- Acts as a resource and mentor for staff for clinical issues, documentation, team problem solving and appropriate customer service behavior.
- Oversees staff and volunteer schedules, scheduling and territory assignments to assure that workload is distributed equitably and that all the staff are able to meet overall productivity expectations.
- Two (2) years successful supervisory experience or equivalent in a health care organization.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of primary medical and nursing care, with at least a working knowledge of oncologic nursing and palliative care.
- Basic understanding of the interpersonal dynamics operative within the working relationships of an interdisciplinary health care team, and knowledge of the process of dying and bereavement.
- Reliable transportation with appropriate license and insurance coverage for driver and passengers.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Current and valid Registered Nurse License to practice in the state where the VITAS program is located.
Email resumes to email@example.com