CNS - Clinical Nurse Specialist CICU
American Recruiters Renton, WA5 months ago
Clinical Nurse Specialist - CNS - Cardiac ICU
Rich in community heritage, our client is a Magnet Hospital in the Seattle Washington area. Our client provides medical, mental health and nutrition services to all families, regardless of their ability to pay. Our prestigious client is well known for being a partner with a dedication to promoting quality care, family advocacy, health collaboration, mentoring and education in a culturally relevant context.
Our Clients Highlights
Magnet Recognized Hospital
Beacon Award in their PICU
Commitment to Health/Wellness: our client offers a full-service health and wellness center offering free primary, preventive, and urgent care for employees.
leadership incentive which would add another 3-5% yearly bonus
Excellent Salary and Relocation bonus available
What you will do: The CNS - Clinical Nurse Specialist Provide leadership, clinical expertise, education, program development, and consultation to promote the standards of nursing practice. the CNS works collaboratively with management and other leadership to develop criteria for patient care, assess health needs of patients, and evaluate nursing interventions to achieve optimal nursing practice outcomes. The CNS facilitates problem-solving and decision making to influence the development, implementation and evaluation of patient, unit, and departmental goals. Core responsibility for removal of waste and implementation of standard work with regard to nursing practices utilizing CPI methodologies. Prioritizes work to accomplish initiatives of applicable value streams. Position responsibilities vary with patient population, unit and department needs, and organizational priorities. Job responsibilities apply primarily to Cardiac ICU and surgical unit.
- Masters in Nursing.
- A minimum of five (5) years of pediatric CICU nursing experience or equivalent.
- State of Washington RN License or eligible
- At the time of hire: Current Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers is required for all positions. Pediatric Emergency Assessment, Recognition and Stabilization (PEARS), and Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) will be accepted in lieu of BLS for Healthcare Providers.
- As a condition of employment: Required to successfully obtain PALS within 90 days of employment. Current PALS is to be maintained at all times.
- PALS required within 90 days of hire.
- National certification in a clinical specialty area must be obtained within three years of employment.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Clinical practice expertise in specialty practice arena.
- Strong organization skills, flexibility and ability to prioritize.
- Strong written skills.
- Good communication/interpersonal skills.
- Able to establish and maintain productive work relationships with others.
- Demonstrated leadership skills including change leadership, strategic innovation, people development, and teamwork.
- Computer literacy.
- Knowledge of human growth and development to modify care to the age and development status of the patient population served.
- Knowledge of patient safety according to the assigned department.
- Ability to identify and apply planning, care and/or intervention techniques appropriate to the physical, motor and sensory, cognitive and psychosocial characteristics of each patient population served.
To Learn More Contact
Juli Van Der Meulen
Sr. Executive Recruiter