Kaiser Foundation Hospital, Los Angeles Medical Center is offering a comprehensive employee benefits to full-time/part-time employees. Benefits we provide may vary based on the region, position, scheduled hours, and representation by collective bargaining or employee groups. Our benefits package includes generous vacation, holiday and sick leave, medical care, vision, mental health and dental care, life insurance coverage, employee assistance programs and several others. We also believe in recognizing stellar performance and sponsor a variety of programs designed to reward our talented, dedicated, caring and committed staff.
Facility Type: Acute Care Hospitals
Ownership: Voluntary non-profit - Other
Military Hospital: No
Awards/Certifications: 2014-2016 Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence, 2013 Patient Safety Excellence Award, 2014-2016 America’s 50 Best Hospitals for Cardiac Surgery Award, 2014-2016 America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Cardiac Care Award, 2014-2016 America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Gastrointestinal Care Award, 2014-2016 America’s 100 Best Hospitals for General Surgery Award, 2015-2016 America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Orthopedic Surgery Award, 2014-2016 America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Spine Surgery Award, 2016 Coronary Intervention Excellence Award, 2016 Cranial Neurosurgery Excellence Award
Teaching Hospital: Yes
Number of beds: 464
ICU beds: 113
Services At This Hospital
- Addiction Medicine
- Advice Nurse
- After-hours Care - Adult
- After-hours Care - Pediatrics
- Ambulatory Surgery Center (ASC)
- Bone Marrow Transplant Clinic
- Cancer Information
- Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory (Regional)
- Cardiac Surgery
- Cardiology Rehabilitation
- Dialysis Unit (Inpatient)
- Dialysis Unit (Outpatient)
- Durable Medical Equipment
- Electrophysicology Services (Regional)
- Emergency Department
- Family Medicine
- Food and Nutrition (Inpatient)
- Gastroenterology (GI)
- Gastroenterology (GI)/Liver Clinic
- Geriatrics/Palliative Medicine/Continuing Care
- Gynecologic Oncology
- Head and Neck Surgery
- HEARx West/HEARx West Hearing Care Centers
- HIV Clinic
- Home Dialysis
- Home Health Care
- Hospice Home Care
- In-center Hemodialysis
- Infectious Disease
- Inpatient Nursing
- Internal Medicine
- Interventional Radiology
- Laboratory - 1515 N. Vermont Ave.
- Laboratory - 4700 W. Sunset Blvd.
- Laboratory - 4900 W. Sunset Blvd..
- Laboratory - 4950 W. Sunset Blvd.
- Long-term Care
- Metabolic Clinic
- Neurogenetics Clinic
- Neurology / Sleep Medicine
- Nuclear Medicine
- Nurse Clinic
- Occupational Health Center
- Occupational Therapy
- Outpatient Infusion Center
- Pain Management Center
- Pediatrics/Teenage Medicine
- Pharmacy - 1505 N. Edgemont St.
- Pharmacy - 1515 N. Vermont Ave.
- Pharmacy - 4700 W. Sunset Blvd.
- Pharmacy - 4867 Sunset 24-Hour
- Pharmacy - 4904 W. Sunset Blvd.
- Pharmacy - 4950 W. Sunset Blvd.
- Pharmacy - Home Infusion
- Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Physical Therapy
- Plastic Surgery
- Pulmonary Function Testing (PFT)
- Pulmonary Medicine
- Pulmonary Rehabilitation
- Radiation Oncology
- Radiation Oncology - Ontario Medical Center
- Radiology/Diagnostic Imaging - 1505 N. Edgemont
- Radiology/Diagnostic Imaging - 1515 N. Vermont
- Radiology/Diagnostic Imaging - 4760 Sunset Blvd.
- Radiology/Diagnostic Imaging - 4950 Sunset Blvd.
- Radiology/Diagnostic Imaging - CT and Ultrasound
- Radiology/Diagnostic Imaging - Interventional
- Radiology/Diagnostic Imaging - Mammography
- Radiology/Diagnostic Imaging - MRI
- Renal Genetics Clinic
- Social Medicine
- Speech and Language Pathology
- Sports Medicine
- Surgery - Ambulatory Surgery Center
- Surgery - Discharge Area
- Surgery - Preadmission Center (PAC)
- Transplant Services - Blood and Marrow
- Transplant Services - Heart
- Transplant Services - Liver
- Transplant Services - Lung
- Travel Advisory
- Urgent Care
- Utilization Management
- Vision Essentials - Ophthalmology
- Vision Essentials - Optical Center
- Vision Essentials - Optometry
Observations floor-patients typically stay for less than 24 hours.
The coworkers are enthusiastic and motivated to perform at a high level. Very friendly from the first interaction and make you feel welcome. The pay is good, but you have to demand the bonuses and increase pay otherwise it will not be given. Scheduling is very flexible and accommodating to your needs. Ratios are great 1:4, per state law on telemetry floors. Maximum of 5 patients on med/surg floor.
Majority of the nursing aides are of little help. Even to get vitals signs from them can present itself as an obstacle. The nurses for the most part do everything, including the aides job. The floor I was on was great because the nurses understood the meaning of teamwork and helped each other out.
Always smile, patient care very important. Don't forget charting! Give it all you got!! In spite of. It's exciting, intense unpredictable. It can be challenging,helpful, rewarding. Always something new to learn, people to meet and definitely things to see and do!
Medical-Surgical (MS, Med-Surg)
Great benefits great team
Cath Lab (Cardiac Catheterization)
Staff are great,good benefits, positive work enviroment I enjoy dialysis and this facility was accepting of travelers. We worked well together
Intensive Care (Critical Care, CCU, ICU)
Be flexible and adaptable.